A happy new year is an event of happiness, and each year people around the world spend tens of thousands of dollars on its celebrations; countries like the United States celebrate it with fireworks at Time Square. Dubai celebrates it with an amazing lighting show and fireworks around Burj Khalifa. People gather at different places to spend quality time and enjoy the fireworks.
Many dancing clubs and pubs throw new year-themed parties at their clubs.
So do people.
The most important and foremost thing to do before you host any in-house parties is decoration and above all of that if you want to create the best impression on your party; it’s the invitation card. People judge how your invitation card looks.
If you want to host any party in the new year, you should know the importance of invitation cards and how to make them. Here are a few tips and ideas where you can stand out from the neighboring parties.
How do I make an invitation card?
Invitation cards may be of many types, but here are just a few tips to remember before you try to make an invitation to your party.
- Make sure you include the person’s name you are inviting.
- The image you choose should resonate with the theme of your party.
- Add any additional important information such as pets being allowed.
- The specific date, and location.
- Mention your party timing.
How to write an invitation?
Writing an invitation card doesn’t require any skill. You need to describe the event details, choose an eye-catching color scheme, your picture should match the party theme, and add relevant information to your party.
Fun Tip: You can make your own party name such as New Year Dance Party, Bachelors new year party, Couples New year Party, or Red New Year Party, or you can use your own name.
You can also add typography that reflects your party theme.
How to design your new year invitation card?
Designing could be a tricky part to follow when your background is not about design. It requires creativity and color combination. But worry not.
There are pretty decent free templates available on the internet that you can just fill out with your party information and drag pictures on the templates.
Boom! Your invitation card is ready to publish and print.
What’s the size of the invitation card?
The standard size of the wedding invitation card is 5 x 7 inches, and a slightly different size for less formal events like new year, Christmas, birthdays, and graduation parties is 5.25 x 5.25 inches.
Free templates to design your new year invitation card
Everybody loves free stuff, and who doesn’t want free stuff?
I guess none.
When designing your party card, you may struggle in designing and hiring a designer. This struggle is real. To keep away from this headache. I made a list of the websites that allowed you to use their templates to make your card pretty, and stand out from others.
- Canva (Super convenient, and basic designing tool. It helps users to design any graphic art with a lot of free stuff; you can use their premium account to use some of the premium features. The best feature in canvas is a background remover)
- Crello (It is also a graphic design editor tool that helps users to use their creativity and make their own design)
- Lucidpress (A great tool for designing invitation cards, and other graphics; unleash your inner creativity)
- Adobe Spark
Free Copyrights images websites
Everybody needs pictures for their cards, but you can be in big trouble using copyrighted images. To keep away from this headache, I made a list of websites that allow royalty-free images. So you can use it on your card without giving much attention to the copyrighted images.
What greetings messages can you write on the card?
Greeting messages are not mandatory, but it is recommended to start your invitation card with a blessing. It could be a word or a whole sentence; there is not any particular format or secret recipe for new year greetings. You could use the following greetings message on your card.
- May you have a prosperous new year
- May the new year bring happiness in your life
- May the new year give you good health
- Cheers to the new year
- Cheers! My friend
- Here is to the next chapter
- Day 1/365
- May God shower you and your family with love and blessings
Invitation card printing
- Make sure you save in each format and it is recommended that you keep your card saved in JPEG, PNG, and PSD files for better quality and further editing and use.
- If you use template-based websites you could share on different social media platforms instantly and ask for their opinions.
- You could print your card on either paper; glossy or plain.